Click HERE to see the Bush Hawk-XP tail wheel photo album...
Tail Wheel Model
The Bush Hawk-XP in the tail wheel configuration is designed to haul large loads from some of the most extreme, back-country air strips around the world.
Unlike the fragile spring gear design that many tail wheel aircraft use, the Bush Hawk's heavy-duty conventional gear can accommodate:
- Regular 800 X 6 wheels
- Larger 26" Gar-Aero tundra tires
- 29” Alaska Bush Wheel tundra tires
The thick 4130 steel legs attach to a single landing gear spar and provide these unique advantages:
- Entire landing gear can be removed as a single unit
- Five polyurethane pucks on each leg provide ample shock absorption while maintaining its superior strength and rigidity
- Gives the aircraft a solid feel on the ground with a low, wide stance for excellent forward visibility, easy taxiing and turning
Click HERE to see the Bush Hawk-XP video clips...